NCCH Scholarships – applications for Round 1 open on 1 April 202118 Mar 2021, by Community, Latest News & Events, Scholarships in
What is the NCCH Scholarships Program?
In 2013, North Coast Community Housing (NCCH) introduced a Bursary Awards Scheme as part of its 30th anniversary celebrations in 2014. In 2019, the Scheme was renamed the “NCCH Scholarships Program”.
The Program is designed to assist tenants by easing the financial burden of educating their children and/or themselves. It is also designed to encourage tenants to pursue their ambitions in sport and creative arts. Supporting our tenants to achieve, through our Scholarships Program, is a way of building community capacity, leading to future social and economic engagement in society.
What are the Scholarship Categories?
There are three categories under which tenants can apply: Education | Sport | Creative Arts. Successful applicants can use their Award prize money to purchase, or put towards, the following items:-
- Education – Computers, software, books, technology, school supplies, tuition, excursions, school trips
- Sport – Sporting equipment, uniforms, registration fees, coaching sessions
- Creative Arts – Musical equipment, costumes/uniforms, tuition fees, music/drama/art classes
What is the prize money for each Award Category?
$1,200 each for university or TAFE/college students
$1,200 each for adults/school leavers pursuing interests in creative arts or sport
$800 each for secondary school students
$400 each for primary school students
When can I apply?
The NCCH Scholarships Program are run twice per year:
- Round One applications open on 1 April / closing date 13 May
- Round Two applications open on 1 September / closing date 13 October
How do I apply?
Click here for a downloadable information pack for the 2021 NCCH Scholarships Program which provides more details and the application form.