Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Update 17.03.2020
Update on NCCH practices as the COVID-19 situation develops as at 17 March 2020
The CEO has approved the postponement of all non-essential visits to tenants including:
- Non-essential routine inspections
- Planned maintenance which has not already commenced
- Non-urgent maintenance (certain exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis, and where the contractor is both comfortable in attending, and prepared to adhere to social distancing protocols).
Key to our decision was that the cost of postponing is relatively small – compared with larger risk of spreading the virus.
We need to balance this with our need to keep housing people for as long as possible during this event. For this reason, some visits are to be postponed, and some are not (at this stage – but we continue to review).
The following will continue (at this time):
- Urgent repairs or maintenance
- Pre-vacate, outgoings and ingoings
- Planned maintenance which has already commenced, or jobs in progress, where failure to complete would cause significant lack of amenity for our tenant
The best way to keep informed is use:
- The Australian Government (national) website health.gov.au
- A reliable media outlet such as the Australian Broadcasting Commission (ABC)
We will continue to update you as we develop plans and receive updated information.